Friday, August 31, 2012

starting over

I am a food addict.

I am addicted to the thrill of buying crappy fast food.

I am addicted to spending money on said crappy fast food.

I'm an addict. I come from a family full of addicts - past and present.

I'm an emotional eater.

I'm a closet eater.

I'm a binger.

I'm not a purger.

I'm an emotional wreck.

I'm starting over. 

No sugar (white or brown)

No white flour.

No white pasta.

No white potato.

No white rice.

No soda.

A co-worker asked me a few days ago, "why do you think you don't deserve to be happy?"

I thought and thought about that question. I am still thinking about it.

It may need a therapy session or two.

For now...

STARTING OVER.

 Feeling better about myself so that I can be happier, and healthier. I never felt better than I did last year when I went off all those items on that list. The first week or so was hard...but man alive I honestly can say I have never felt better, health wise. Because I got rid of the sugar, my emotions became better. I felt happier.

In the last 5 months, I have felt like crap. Soooo done with that.


1 comment:

Kendall said...

I want so badly to go off all that stuff too! I just don't know where to start! I am officially off soda (day 2…which is a HUGE feat for me!) Where did you get all the info on going off sugar, pasta..all that stuff? Where do you get your recipes?