Monday, August 23, 2010

1 down, 9 more to go.

I did it! I hiked to that dang "Y" on the Mountain, in Provo. One word for you...

PAIN! That's how I'm feeling. Muscles that I never knew I had hurt.

I walked into YW on Sunday and saw the girls I hiked with. I asked them if they were sore. They're response...

..."no, not really." Of course not! They're in much better shape then I am. They all play sports and are on some sort of sports team in school. They work out ALL.THE.TIME. It's no wonder Anga wanted to run those last few switchbacks. She probably felt like she wasn't getting a good work out stopping every 10 feet with me...lol.

I'm not really looking forward to doing it again this Saturday, but I've got to do it. These girls are with me on this journey and I couldn't be more proud, and thankful. They're amazing Young Women, and they push me.

Now I just need to condition more during the week before each hike, maybe that'll help make it so I'm not about to keel over.

Love, Shan

1 comment:

Julie said...

You seriously rock!!