Well hi there dear blog! Yes, it's been almost a month since you've been updated. Time to get to it, right?
Things have been going really great with the weightloss. I was at a stand still for a few weeks where I wasn't losing hardly anything; maybe like a lb a week or less. But all of the sudden things are picking up and fast! It's exciting! This week alone I've lost 5 lbs. in 4 days. For a total of 35 lbs lost from my highest weight and 24 lbs lost since doing the no sugar thing. Not too shabby! My goal was to lose 30 lbs. before I go back to my Dr. in October. I'm almost there! YAY!
Last Saturday Ryan and I were at Costco about to buy the Jack LaLaine Juicer. We put it in our cart and continued on with shopping. On our way to checkout we stopped at the demo they have for the Blendtec. He hadn't started yet, but I told him I was interested in seeing how this thing worked. Ryan says to him, "yeah, and we've got your competition right here in our cart!" The guy laughed and talked to us a bit before starting the demo. He mentioned that some juicers will juice the fruits and veggies but then get rid of the left over. In most cases those left over parts are the most important parts, as they contain the fiber. Otherwise you'd just be drinking the sugar part in fruits. He mentioned that for Diabetics it's not good to just have the sugar part, but need the fiber most of all. Ding, ding, ding!! That was the magic phrase for me and Ryan, since I'm a diabetic.
He started his demo, people gathered around in awe of this magical blender - we were in awe as well. We sampled his tasty treats, soup, and watched as he ground up wheat. Amazing! I knew Ryan was hooked when he said, "do you want this instead of the juicer?" and "what color do you want?", since it comes in 3 different colors. "I'll take the black one", I said.
We went home and I made a green smoothie right away. I mean, we had just purchased a monster bag of Spinach...I needed to start using it.
That night I made taco soup in the blender...and it warmed it up as well. YUM! I'm a huge advocate for getting this blender. It's nice to make healthy things and not worry about MSG and all those added things. But to know that I'm putting in whole veggies and making a delicious meal.
I've had a lot of people ask me about my green smoothie recipe, and the Peanut Butter Smoothie (to die for) recipe. Here they are...
Here's a recipe I've been doing each morning for my juicing/smoothies...
Green juice/smoothie: (this can vary depending what fruit I have in the fridge)
12 oz. XANGO juice (I use that because I get it free, but you can use water)
1 whole Asian Pear
1 whole Nectarine (take out the seed)
1/2 banana
1/2 c. Frozen Blueberries
4 huge handfuls of raw Spinach
1/2 c. crushed ice
1 TBSP Flaxseed Oil *
This makes about 32 oz. of yummy goodness...and I drink it all!
*If you drink this everyday, watch out for the flaxseed oil. It will make you have the runs. Try adding it in every other day.
Peanut Butter Smoothie:
I don't usually measure things so this is a guesstimate. (I'm so like my Mother)
12 oz. Almond Milk
1/4-1/2 cup PB (I use the natural kind)
1 TBSP. Agave Nectar
1 TBSP. Flaxseed oil*
1/3-1/2 of a banana
1 tsp. Cocoa power (the kind you bake with)
1/2c. oats
1c. crushed ice
This should make at least enough for 4 people to enjoy. It's soooo good!!!!
*If you drink this everyday, watch out for the flaxseed oil. It will make you have the runs. Try adding it in every other day.
Enjoy! I'd love to hear if some of you made it and what you thought? :)
Happy drinking healthy!
Shan
3 comments:
can't wait to try both of these tomorrow! thanks for the recipes!
I'm so proud of you Shannon, you inspire me beyond belief.
I just bought the same blender a few months ago and we LOVE it! Great for making baby food purees too!
Post a Comment